Most of us love cheesecake, but a lot of us will not dare try to make cheesecake. It's not like you can walk the baking supplies aisle of the supermarket aisle and find a box of cheesecake mix and jar of icing like you can when making a simple cake. Cheesecake requires work and effort, right?
Well, that is what I always thought. That is up until, yet again, I stumbled across a recipe for a cheesecake on the internet and all of my assumptions were debunked.
|Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Skor Cheesecake! Minus Dr. Lecter.|
Sure, more work goes into making a great cheesecake than simply dumping a package of powdered mixture, eggs and milk into a big bowl and mixing., but not that much more work. And just like I mentioned a time or two in previous Blog posts, the extra effort is worth it. In the case of this cheesecake recipe, it is barely that much extra effort.
Most people, when they think of cheesecake, one thing that enters their mind is a graham crust. That is all fine and good, but is also generic. I guess you could say that I have become spoiled and a bit of a food snob after trying the chocolate chip cookie dough method.
That's right! I said chocolate chip cookie dough!
|Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bottom!|
|Cheesecake filling mixture with chocolate ships and Skor bits inside!|
Those ready-to-go graham crusts you can buy in those little pans for cheesecake are all fine and good, but they limit you with their littleness. And cheesecake does not belong in a typical pie-shaped form. It belongs in a springform pan. Those cool little pans with the sides that you can detach. Those are where the mighty cheesecake belong, so sayeth Chef Nairby! They are inexpensive and can come in packs of 3 or more, like mine did, with different sizes. And you get many uses out of them.
I bought a 3-pack of springform pans about a month ago and have already used one of them 4 times in 4 weeks. With this Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Skor Cheesecake recipe and its simplicity, I don`t blame myself.
|Fresh out of the oven and makes the house smell great!|
Simply get a package of your preferred cookie dough, spread it out evenly on the bottom of the springform pan, pour in the cheesecake mixture, bake and done! It is that easy.
"But what about the mixture, Chef Nairby? Isn't that where all of the work is?" Yes. Cream cheese, sugar, 3 eggs, sour cream and vanilla extract. Whatever you decide to add to it, chocolate chips and Skor bits in this case, is up to you. The electric hand mixer does all of the work. And the baking process makes the house smell great! Once you try making this cheesecake once, you are likely to want to make it again shortly thereafter with a different combination of ingredients! Perhaps some butterscotch chips instead of chocolate. Maybe some crushed Oreos. It's up to your imagination.
|Topped with Skor bits after cooling at room temperature for about 10 minutes.|
|Melted chocolate drizzled after more cooling and ready to spend the|
night in the fridge!
As I like to say in my rebuilding posts, "Don't tell ME that YOU can't do it!"
|After a night cooling in the fridge. Ready to devour!|
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH SKOR CHEESECAKE
WHAT YOU NEED
Non-stick cooking spray
Electric hand mixer
3 8-oz packages of cream cheese, softened
1 package chocolate chip cookie dough
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup sour cream
1Tbsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup of Skor bits, seperated into 1/2 cup and 1/4 cup
3/4 cup of milk chocolate chips, seperated into 1/2 cup and 1/4 cup
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Spray inside bottom and edges of a springform pan with non-stick cooking spray and spread cookie dough evenly to cover the bottom.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar using an electric hand mixer until combined and fluffy.
4. Add sour cream and vanilla extract. Mix until combined and smooth.
5. Add eggs, ONE AT A TIME, mix until combined and smooth each time.
6. Add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of skor bits. STIR WITH SPOON.
7. Pour mixture into the springform pan and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes. The cheesecake will rise and appear as though it will overflow and spill out of the pan. Don't worry. It won't.
8. Remove from oven and let it cool at room temperature. Top with 1/4 cup of Skor bits. Melt 1/4 chocolate chips and drizzle on top (or forgo melting them and simply sprinkle on top if that is your preference). Refridgerate overnight. Remove from springform pan the next day and eat until eaten!